The New testable components for Class 4, 5 & 7 vehicles are:
- Headlamp levelling and cleaning devices when fitted for HID or LED headlamps
- Main beam 'tell-tale' ---- (light on the dashboard indicating the Main Beam light is ON)
- Battery (including batteries for electric or hybrid vehicles)
- Electrical wiring and connectors
- Trailer electrical socket for security and damage
- Operation if 13-pin electrical sockets using an approved trailer socket tester ( 7-pin not testable)
- Operation of the steering lock (where fitted) including a malfunction
- Warning in respect of an electronic steering lock
- Electronic power steering malfunction indicator lamp
- Electronic parking brake control and malfunction indicator lamp
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) components, including the switch (if fitted) and malfunction indicator lamp
- Brake Fluid warning lamp illuminated or inoperative
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- SRS components including air-bags, seat belt pre-tensioners, seat belt load limiters and SRS malfunction indicator lamp
- Engine mountings
- Indirect vision devices (where they replace obligatory mirrors)
Please note these changes have already been implemented as of 20 March 2013. They apply to all Class 4, 5 and7 vehicles, such as . They do NOT apply to Class 3 vehicles such as Tricycles.
There are additional checks for Class 5 vehicles but, as we do not test Class 5 at this station we have omitted that information.
If you have any Questions regarding what Class your vehicle is, this information can be found on previous MOT documents. Although most normal looking cars are Class 4. If you have a high top van or more than 8 seats please call us on 020 8648 3128 as you may require a different MOT Test.